Friday, July 4, 2008
My Sweet Joseph
Today Joseph touched the stove right after I turned it off from boiling water and burned his hand. We took him to a friend who is a doctor and he told us that he has second degree burns. Joe has been a real trooper. As long as he has an ice pack on it he is okay, but watch out when it is no longer cold. So I woke him up just now to trade out the ice pack and give him more medicine and he was the sweetest thing I have ever heard. I softly told him that I had a new ice pack and some medicine for him and he quickly sat up and said "Oh, thank you Mommy." It was the most sincere, grateful voice I have ever heard from him. It melted my heart so I had to put it on his blog. He is really impressive to be dealing with this so well. The whole thing has tugged at my heart strings - here he is in agony soon after it happened - not crying if it was in cold water - he looked at me and burst into tears and said "Oh, Mommy I am so sorry." I told him he did not need to tell me he is sorry - but to please learn from this experience. I told him I am the one who is sorry that he must endure this pain. We had a great conversation on the way to see Dan -the most impressive part was a while after we discussed it, out of the blue he said "So you try to protect us everyday." I said - "Yep, everyday!! Because I love you." I love you Joseph!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That is very sweet and sad too! OUCH!!! Isn't it great when the lighbulb moments happen in our children? :)
Post a Comment